March 20, 2010

*Taken


Colby and I LOVE the movie 'Taken'. When we first watched it together I was disturbed. So freaked out. I couldn't sleep. That was months and months ago. It was my turn to choose the movie last night, I chose Taken. I was ready this time. I knew what was coming and I wanted to get something else out of it this time around. I did just that.
little back round: The movie is a bout Mr mills. while his daughter was young and as she grew up, his occupation was something with the government. He called himself "a preventer" He prevents bad things from happening. He eventually gives up his career to work on becoming a father. When the movie starts his daughter is 17 and he attending her birthday party at the home of his ex-wife and her now husband.
He's sure that his relationship is becoming solid when she calls the next day and wants to do lunch. He meets his daughter and her mother for lunch. However, the reason they want to meet for lunch is that Mr mills will sign the legal papers stating that his daughter -Kim- can go with her friend Amanda to Paris for a few weeks to stay with Amanda's cousins. With his old career and all he's seen, Mr Mills doesn't feel good about it. After being guilted and making several rules, he signs the papers.
The girls get to Paris, share a cab with a young man who finds out where they are staying. Kim then finds out that Amanda's cousins are actually out of town and they will be staying the few weeks at their house, alone. A short time after arriving, Kim calls her Dad to let her know she's made is safe. Through the bathroom window, she can see where Amanda is in the house. She sees Amanda get kidnapped and she knows they are coming for her. Mr mills gives her special instructions and promises that he'll come for her. She then gets taken.
Mr Mills has 96 hours to fly to Paris and find his daughter. The lengths he goes are unreal. Instead of being scared this time around, I felt for that girl and I felt for her Dad. I mentally put myself in their situation and I teared up a bit when I leaned over to Colby and said ..
"you're going to be that kind of Dad aren't you."
He just smiled big.
I can't wait to see Colby interact with our kids. He's going to be the cutest Dad.

You should see 'Taken' For yourself .. It's incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment