March 06, 2010

*Party Hat


It's been a whole 3 weeks since our letter hit the mail man's bag .. it's a shame it was headed somewhere other than my mail box. I've starting running outside as soon as the mail gets here. I understand it'll be another week (atleast) before it's here but it never hurts to be ready in advance. Right? Or am I pushing the envelope a little bit? I've been having a lot of dreams lately where the entire wedding is planned to a 'T' and I can finally worry about something else like ... Running? Or figuring out my new phone? or .. learning how to cook? Ha! ya right. but still.
My Mom called me at work a few days ago and told me that my sister and her family had booked their flights for the big day. I was -and still am- ecstatic. I am so anxious to see all of them. I can't wait to have the whole family together again. With Taft and Lesha moving we better take full advantage of every single second we get together. Not that we didn't do that before ... anyway. This also made me aware that our wedding day is well on it's way. I'm extremely excited to see it all come together. For now we'll just keep staying busy. I have to be honest though ... we're running out of fun ideas. I have mentioned how ridiculous it is to be engaged for ten months?
Bring your party hats folks ... April 24th is well on it's way.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry Libby. Kyle and I dated for a year, got engaged,then got married a year later. 10 months is not that bad! Have fun planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 months isn't bad at all. It depends on when you meet, and under what circumstances. We knew we were going to get married long, long before we got officially engaged, and then, once we did, we planned a year long engagement, for a bunch of different reasons. Honestly, I think that, often, when it comes to dating, and engagements, longer is better. This is a HUGE commitment, and it's really not so much about knowing whether someone's "the one", but about taking the necessary steps involved in being ready for marriage.

    ReplyDelete