March 01, 2010

*Mr Move - it!

I played a really fun game of soccer a few weeks ago. We almost won. Or did we? We were having a lot of fun. With 3 minutes left I went for the ball, so did a guy with some serious moves. I'd been watching him all game long. He has a serious foot. I jumped out of his way more than once in order to save my own life. Anyway ... I kicked the ball to my friend Ande. Mr moves, who apparently thought I still had the ball, went for it. However, the ball was gone. The only thing left, was my right leg. He went for it anyway. His cleat for hit the bottom of my shinguard and continued up the right side of my leg. Ouch. I said the S word. Really loud. My team is full of really good LDS people, most of which are recently returning or getting ready to go missionaries. My sincerest apologies still. Sorry team.
I limped off the field. Right as I go to sit down, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn. It's the ref. He asks if I'm ok. I say Yes. He proceeds to tell me it was an accident and then explains why. Isn't that the players job? I think he was mostly trying to cover up the reason he never blew the whistle but whatever.
I pull my sock down to inspect the damage. It's pretty gross but it's doesn't hurt too bad. My only concern was for my shingaurd sleeve. Colby ( I mean santa) bought them for me for christmas. I bet I've used them 5 times. Mr Moves kicked me so hard, he left cleat marks in my sleeve.
I guess this means I get to make a trip back to 'Scoreboard' in woods cross .. I better get paid again first. That store is one of my many weaknesses.
ps.. The bruise turned out to be quite nasty and hurt like a mother until yesterday. I survived though. Bring on another season of 'Black Ice' Soccer.

He also scraped a bunch of the red coloring off of my shingaurd. Jerk.

All those red lines from his cleat, turned into a bruise. I looked like a zebra.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch!

    And, I've done the whole swearing thing...it happens to all of us on occasion :-)

    ReplyDelete