March 27, 2010

*Chef Mom ..


I've probably already mentioned that my Mom is giving me yet another wedding of my dreams. What I didn't tell you is that Mom is doing most of the work. Including the desserts which are going to be the reason people come to the reception anyway right??
She found a crazy cupcake recipe book in Cali and she's been cooking ever since. Our house all smells delicious and usually we're crowded around the kitchen waiting for permission to jump in.
I've been sick with some crazy virus the last few days so I haven't had the appetite or the stomach to try the pina colada, strawberry pop, or the root beer cupcakes but I'm told they are incredibly delicious. I've never wanted to get over something so quick.
It's almost torture to lay in my bed for hours and hours a day being waited on hand and foot.
"The juice you asked for is right here Lib."
"We didn't have the soup you wanted to so I ran to the store, it's almost done."
"Is there anything I can get for you?"
Everytime my bedroom door opens I can smell the next item on the list of 'Must Try.'
This appetite will return, I'm sure of it. And then .. Watch out Kitchen, I'll be all over you!
My Mom is the absolute best.

1 comment: