February 15, 2010

'Crow'


Remember the story about the boy who talked my ear off? Colb and I went to High school with him. He is obsessed with dream catchers and boondoggle. Not kidding. In December he talked Colby into buying me a dream catcher for Christmas. Oh my. So Colby and his best friend Dallin went to his house to see the selection. I'm told it's unheard of. I laughed kind of hard when I unwrapped a dream catcher on Christmas morning. Dalling purchased one as well and gave it to Colb for Christmas. Like we needed two?
At the basketball game last Thursday, (we'll call him crow .. I'll explain later) Crow mentioned that I should buy Colby a dream catcher for Valentines because he had gotten me one for Christmas. I just laughed and told him it was a good idea. He insisted that I look at all the pictures he had taken with his phone of his projects. Some of them were insane. He's so creative. There was a baby blue one that I told him I liked and that he had done a good job. I left it at that.
We're sitting in Sunday School yesterday and Dallin taps me on the shoulder, I turn around and find Crow holding a note that says
'That dream catcher you wanted, see me after church.'
I turn bright red and lean over to Colby. I'm trying really hard not to laugh but I just can't help it. Colby looks over my shoulder and sees the dream catcher in a plastic grocery bag. His response made me lose it.
''Please tell me you did not order a dream catcher in our wedding colors because that is exactly what I just saw.''
I can't breathe, I'm red in the face, and tears start rolling down my face. I try to explain that I didn't order it, there must be an misunderstanding. I beg Colby to help me out of the situation and he refuses. He tells me I'm on my own.
I lean over to Dallin and say
"Dall, how much cash do you have?"
I don't have the heart to turn this kid down. He made a custom dream catcher for Colby and I'm supposed to tell him we don't want it?
Colby pulls me into the hall after class and attempts to treat me like a kid but we're both laughing too hard. Neither one of us could breathe.
This kid is like a used Car Salesman. He knows exactly what to do and say to pressure us in to buying something we really don't need. Oh my.
Long story short ... Dallin gave Crow $3 and we will give him the rest next week. We now have 3 dream catchers. See you later nightmares .. only good dreams are coming our way.
No one makes me laugh like Colby does .. yesterday was hilarious and I know we'll be laughing about for years and years and years.
Happy Valentines Day Babe ... Would you like to guess what you're getting for Easter? Flag Day? Cinco De Mayo?

1 comment: