January 25, 2010

Lost? Probably ..

Sometimes I put stuff somewhere 'safe' where I won't lose it and then when I go to find it, it's so safe, I can't find it. It occasionally bothers me, I know it drives Colby bonkers .. but I love cleaning my room and finding those earrings I 'put somewhere safe.' Some would say I'm unorganized, others would say I'm a pack rat, (I'm not .. I throw tons of stuff away) I would say I'm all about surprises. I love being surprised at what actually turns up when I'm not looking for it.
So the other day my amazing brother in law said .. "Hey Lib, I have your laptop still. I'm just waiting for a new hard drive to come so I can replace it (again) and then I'll send the old one back. Let me tell you why this surprised me. Jon is always fixing our computer stuff and being fancy smart so I wasn't surprised to hear he was doing something so nice for me. I was however shocked to find out he had my laptop in general. For days and days I just thought I had 'put it somewhere safe.' and I'd find it soon. Many of your are probably thinking ... How on earth could Libby lose her laptop and not be able to find the huge honkin thing? Normally I'd ask the same question but I know myself better than most .. I knew it would turn up eventually.
My sick laptop is the reason for my lack of posts ... Jon put in a new hard drive not long ago and as Abby described it .. My computer rejected it like a body might reject a transplanted kidney. Sadly, without this comparison .. I would have been lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment