January 26, 2010

24/7 Seriously ...


My Mom brought home the 24 series from Taft's house this last weekend. I couldn't help but laugh when I noticed how many seasons she brought with her. How on earth is she going to find time to watch all of these? Then Colby and I popped one in just for kicks ... bad idea. It's taking over our lives. It's all we ever do. Brock and Holly started watching them with us as well and they got sucked in just as quickly. Just when we think we can turn it off for a while, something happens and Jack Bauer keeps us hanging. We can't help but watch one more. We stay up til the wee hours of the night telling ourselves we have 30 more minutes to spare, forget the 5 hours of sleep we've already left ourselves with.
We haven't finished season #2 quite yet and with 5 seasons left and less than 3 months until our wedding, we're going to be cutting it short.
I realized all of this was too much when I went to bed last night and couldn't sleep because I was sure someone was watching me and Jack Bauer was going to show up any second ready to save me. I know that sounds ridiculous but I'm serious. It was the weirdest feeling.
I will be so so grateful when we're finished, I desperately need my life back if I'm ever going to plan a wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment