January 05, 2010

For Real!


A few days ago Logan came home with a set of drums. Cool. I don't play the drums but I have yet to meet someone that loves music more than Logan. I had a feeling a mini concert was coming my way. What I didn't know, was that the mini concert would stay for 3 days. I shared my frustration with Colby and I'm pretty sure the only thing he heard me say was that there was a set of drums in my basement. Logan and two his friends jordy and jordan stayed in my basement for days. They surfaced to eat and to use the bathroom but I swear they never left. I came home yesterday and the concert continued. I turned on the tv, turned up the volume, and hoped for a nap. No such luck. I text logan begging for a nap, he texted back 'yes' .. i waited another 20 minutes or so before I couldn't take it anymore. I screamed at the top of my lungs, no words just screams. They continued. I called Colby's Mom and asked if I could come take a nap. Colby still had an hour left of work and I knew their house was quiet. She said yes and I drove the 3 blocks. I had a nice 30 minute nap in Colby's bed and needed every second of it. Man that bed is comfy!
Colby came over for a visit last night and we made some choc chip cookies. Logan offered to let Colby play the drums and they headed down the stairs. It was only a few days ago that I learned of Colb's junior high drumming days. I honestly had no idea he'd ever played.
Another concert began and somehow I was more intrigued by this one. I ran downstairs in hopes of getting my own private show and I got just that. My fiance is a drummer and a good one. I was so impressed! He played a few songs for me before I had to get back to the cookies but as I ran up the stairs I couldn't help but smile big. I'm marrying the man of my dreams AND he is a smokin hot drummer. I'm in Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment