January 05, 2010

ChRisTmAs*

SO much to blog about! Lots of posts coming your way! Ready?? Here goes ...
Christmas was AmAzInG! Oh how I love this time of year! I got super spoiled this year!
Mom gave me money and some new jammies (the money bought us a kitchen table)
Colby's parents gave me a ton of Dallas Cowboys stuff, some make up, and a new shirt.
Colb's sister Chelle gave me a movie I've been wanting to buy and I've already made Colby watch it with me!
My Dad and Laura gave us a $50 gift card to TJ Max and we have already spent it on things four our house.
Taft (or Lesha?) drew my name in the sibling drawing and they got me a thing to hook my Ipod into the car! LOVE IT!
Colby got me shoes shoes and more shoes. A willow tree statue, new indoor shoes, shin guards, soccer bag, and goalie gloves! The presents just kept coming and coming!
We were able to spend so much of the day with family and to have Kady and her family here made it all beyond perfect!
There was about and hour and half that I was home alone and I had a chance to think about last Christmas. I knew if I was left alone the tears would come and boy did they. Satan was working on me really hard that day. Colb came to pick me up and I just cried in his arms. I told him of my thoughts, struggles, and concerns and he just held me. He reminded me that everything happens for a reason and that he loves me. I asked him if he was sure I was the one he wanted to marry and questioned whether or not he was positive I could make him happy for eternity. I already knew the answer to both of these questions but for just a moment I questioned everything I had. I've been in a marriage before, a marriage I thought was decent. In the end I couldn't make him happy and the best way to fix that situation was to leave and hope that he could find that happiness somewhere else. I didn't realize til later that I was also unhappy.
I was able to calm down and think about the way things are today and how much I've grown since last Christmas. What an amazing journey I've endured. I'm so blessed to have the knowledge and understanding that Our Father in Heaven will not give us a trial we can't handle. This is something I think about all day every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment