December 05, 2009

Officer Friendly ...


Everything with the Car is going good. Josh met me at the bank on Wednesday and we talked with a loan officer who turned out to be really nice. We added my name to the title (if we would have taken Josh off, I would have had to pay to re-register and re-license the civic and I wasn't about to do that.) I was told it would take 2-3 weeks before I would have the title and be able to drive it. I stayed calm but I was not a happy camper. I explained to the very nice loan officer that the reason we were in this situation was not my fault. I had filled out the paper work (twice) to have the title switched and somehow both attempts were unsuccessful. I told him that the bank was at fault and they needed to figure out how I would have a car for the next few weeks. He made a call to the DMV and figured it all out.
We headed for the DMV and explained the situation yet again. Josh received a letter in the mail asking if he still owned the car, I got the car in the divorce so he checked the 'NO' box and sent it back. Realizing Josh didn't own the car anymore, the state canceled the license plates and registration which explains why the cop wanted to impound my car. They made a few phone calls and then told me it would be a few weeks before they would have a copy of the new title so I wouldn't be able to drive it. Not an option. So .. Again I explain that this isn't my fault, the bank did their part and got it all figured out so now it was the DMV's turn. Long story short, they made a few more phone calls, I paid four dollars, received a copy of the current registration and was sent on my way.
Everything turned out really well and it ended up being a great day. My family was of course amazing and they all stepped up when I needed a ride here, a car for this .. yada yada yada!
I did get pulled over again by an officer in Roy later that night but he was awesome! He asked if I had just purchased the car today (the dmv takes a few days to update their system so it appeared that my license plates only existed in limbo) I showed him my receipt from the dmv and I told him the latest story of my life, he apologized for my troubles. He didn't ask for my license or proof of insurance just sent me on my way. Sweet!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry Libby... I hate that things like this have to happen, but they do! I'm glad it seemed to finally work out though :-)

    ReplyDelete