December 03, 2009

Five Months ...

Guess what ...



5 months ago, Colby Carter took me golfing .. REAL golfing. It was a day he had planned nearly his whole life .. the perfect proposal on the perfect golf course. It was nothing short of perfect. I still can't believe he is mine and that all of this is real.
Five months of being engaged = half way to to the big wedding day. Ten month engagement sounds CARAZY right? It is. I wouldn't change it though. We're still learning about each other and we're enjoying the slow planning of the wedding. Every day I try to convince Colby to let me move it up, he just smiles and laughs. April 24th is our day and I know it will be here eventually. I'm loving every second of being a fiance, but I can't wait to be his wife.

I took this picture as soon as I figured out what Colb was pulling out next .. talk about nervous! You can't help but laugh with me though, I had every intention of getting his entire face in the picture but .. I was shaking too bad. Love his smile though.

3 comments:

  1. Your ring is huge! I love it! Half way there! Hope the time goes fast for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I am happy for you! Your ring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ring is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on being engaged! When I got engaged (it feels like a long time ago now), it was hilarious because everybody made a fuss over my ring, and asked about wedding details, but nobody asked about the guy! I was amused (and slightly offended!) that people weren't more curious about the guy I was going to be spending Eternity with. I remember telling the woman at the gown shop, "yes, it's wonderful, planning a wedding, but none of these glamorous details would matter one bit if I weren't marrying the most wonderful man in the world". I'm glad you've found your most wonderful man in the world...it's a great feeling, and building a home with somebody, while NOT easy, is the most rewarding challenge there is. You'll love it, believe me.

    ReplyDelete