December 22, 2009

Dear wedding planner...

We finally decided that if we didn't plan this wedding, it wouldn't get planned.


I wanted Colby to wear a brown tux. Chocolate brown not Napoleon brown. Colby was scared. So we went to a tux shop up the street to find what we really wanted. The owner (who knew we were coming for the brown tux) points to a mannequin on a shelf and says "There it is, the only brown tux we have." I ask Colby if he likes and he shrugs. "I won't know til I try it on." She tells Colb she can't reach it so he'll have to get it down. He gets it down and she pulls off the jackett for him to 'try on' and then walks away. My dare-devilish fiance strips the mannequin and heads for the dressing room. He puts it all on and comes out. He looks hot, way hot. He tells me he likes it fine. Fine? What does that even mean? Fine like you hate it but you'll wear it because it'll make me happy? or Fine like it will do? We left with a catalog full of all the possibilities and went home to decide for sure.
We found one that we both loved. It's not brown but that's ok with me. However I've decided to possibly change the wedding colors that I decided on 6 months ago.I have my opinion and my favorites ... what are yours?
I Google wedding colors and become more excited to plan this wedding than I have yet to be. The possibilities are endless and I don't want to decide yet because the the ideas will be narrowed. I'm secretly hoping my sisters will have a minute this week to help. I've never loved being scatter-brained. Until now.

3 comments:

  1. As much as I love orange, I really like the first one. Green and brown. Or even the second one, just the green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put everyone in blue and gray--blue for the bridesmaids, gray for the groomsmen. Morning coats are attractive on everybody, and most men feel comfortable wearing gray. Jim is a very traditional dresser, and I know that sometimes, I think he looks hot--but he thinks he looks ridiculous. The tough thing about picking wedding colors is picking colors that people feel comfortable in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first thing I asked Trace when wedding planning was what colors he wanted. When he responded "Camo and Chrome" I decided he no longer got to make choices regarding our wedding :-) ha ha good luck

    ReplyDelete