October 30, 2013

Benefit 5K

I recently had an amazing opportunity to help put together a benefit 5K for a family hoping to adopt. I'm not the least bit creative but I will admit that this was my idea. 
One 5K turned into-
 a kids run 
costume contest
a raffle
kids games 
popcorn
hot chocolate 
and all around success.
Only the 5K was my idea, the creative and amazing girls I worked with came up with the rest.

We were so excited with all the success and support that was achieved. 
I'm so blessed to have amazing friends and family who didn't miss a beat when I needed help.
My sweet Grandma Arnold saw my (many) facebook status' inquiring raffle items and mason jars and didn't hesitate to call. She even came to the event, bought raffle tickets, and won her donated quilts back! I wish I could express how much it meant to me to have her there. 
My sweet husband and sister bundled up the babes and volunteered all day long and kept me sane as the event got closer - I would have never accomplished all that I needed to without their helping hands and words of encouragement. Also, Colby made me a "hat" to wear with my costume so I looked a little more legit. 
Does everyone have a friend that they've know since they were knee-high to a grasshopper who they can count on for everything? KarLee is easily in my top 5 of favorite people and she is always willing to help. Our conversation the night before went something like this ...
"Do you have a costume I can borrow for tomorrow? I've spent so much time doing other things, I forgot I needed one."
"Lets see, I have the classic carrot which never disappoints, a hawaiian girl, a bull rider, some other odds and ends."
"I'll take the carrot. Do you have a handful of mason jars I could borrow?"
"What size and how many? Can we come early tomorrow and help you prepare?"
You guys, she just doesn't stop, she doesn't even hesitate! 
It doesn't stop there though, half her family showed up to run and help. 

I can't believe I'm saying this buuuut .. I can't wait to put another one together next year.
Stay tuned! 



No comments:

Post a Comment