February 04, 2010

Apology? eh .. Happy Birthday instead ..

I should probably apologize for the excessive venting in my last post but I'm not going to. Sometimes I do it because I can't think of any other way to relieve stress and other times I do it because I can't find the words to tell an actual person. so weird. So there you have it, my excuses. The feedback I got from my last post was AMAZING! I forget that this blog is more than my journal, it's a chance for me to keep in touch with so many amazing people. I love sharing my life with with my readers and more than that I love that so many of you enjoy taking part in it.
Last night was a weird night ... Work was weird and full of mean people that feel entitled because they are currently living in Beverly Hills 84025, soccer was weird, the drive home was weird, blogging was weird, I slept weird, and I had a weird dream.
I was so relieved when I woke up this morning and it was a new day but not just any day, My BiRtHdAy! Colby stopped by before work to wish me a Happy one, Logan text me at 12:04 (am) to wish me one and before I left as I was waving to my Mom she smiled big and interupted her conference call for work to wish me a Happy Birthday. I walked outside to warm up my car and there was a huge sign on the house that said 'Libby, You've had a birthday shout hooray!' The relief society put it there last night. They are the best. How could my day go wrong? Umm.. It couldn't! Impossible.
I made it almost on time to work (i'm on time maybe once a year) My Cute Grandma Arnold called to see if I got the card she sent and to wish me a happy birthday. Her card was adorable! She reads by blog so at the bottom it said (buy a new container) I'm pretty sure I'm the favorite, just saying.
The boys I started the morning with both remembered it was my birthday and were very nice to make sure it started good. One of my best friends from work had flowers sent to the Pharmacy. Kristin never ceases to amaze me. She really is such an amazing friend. The flowers were gorgeous and smelled so good.
The text messages started early and didn't stop til late. All my good friends and people I love remembered my birthday! I didn't have any mean customers all day long and I got to leave at 2:00. I came home and changed and headed to ShopKo. Storage container sale and I have birthday money. Haha! That $10 you sent was well spent Grandma!
I finally got to open my presents from Colby (I still can't believe he made me wait) and I loved every single one of them. He mentioned that I was hard to buy for but you wouldn't know it. I got a new book, a dress, a gift card to my new favorite ice cream place, a sweater, some earrings, some new pens for the pharmacy, and a picture that Colb made me. SpOiLeD! I might just have the most creative fiance in the world. I cried when I opened the picture, it's adorable! He knows me so well! Colby's parents made me a Cowboys blanket and I can't wait to use it. They are so cute!
Mom took us all out for dinner at Cafe Rio and it was delicious! I'm so glad Abby and Logan were able to come even if it was for a free meal. kidding.
Abby shared some fun news with us! (I'll let her blog about it and no ... she's not pregnant unless she hasn't told me about it. ha!) I will say though that she is incredible. She is going to be an amazing teacher and I'm so proud of all her hard work!
I talked Colby into taking me back to ShopKo just to make sure we didn't need any more containers .. The sale might end ok? And then we came home and Mom had made cake. Fun-Fetti as requested and it was delicious just as I expected. We watched the absolute most hilarious sitcom -Modern Family- and we couldn't stop laughing. It has been ages since I heard my Mom laugh that hard. Oh I loved it!
Colby and I went back to his house to watch a little bit of 24 before he had to get to bed. I smiled the whole way home as I replayed the whole day in my head over and over again.
I had an incredible day, I'm sad it's about to end but it couldn't have gone any better. It really was amazing! Oh I Love Birthdays!
ps. Cherilyn, I read your comment to Colby and he laughed. He told me he had noticed a girl who was either with her boyfriend or husband who was very intrigued by the conversation he was having at Carl's Junior today. So funny! I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Trace's favorite cake is Fun-Fetti too (with sprinkle fun-fetti frosting)! I'm not even joking when I say that our wedding cake was fun-fetti! He loved it... I am glad your day was wonderful... you deserve it :-)

    ReplyDelete