September 29, 2009

Spreading the word .. please do the same!

My friend Alison is putting together a 5K benefit race for an adorable little girl, her name is Maryn Cella. I saw her story on KSL and I couldn't stop thinking about her .. Colby and I almost drove eight hours to a small town in Colorado to run a race for her back in August but life got the better of us and we were unable to make the trip. I was so excited when I saw this post on Alison's blog and I was even more excited when she asked for me help. I've been telling everyone about this race and I hope you can do the same. Mark your calendars, we would love to see you there and have your support.
Here is the post I copied from Alison's blog .. Let me know if you have any questions.

To all who read this...
please help me spread the word about a 5K Run/Walk that I am organizing for a little girl named Maryn Cella (details below). Post this on your blog, or pass it along on Facebook. Any exposure we can get helps!
I can also e-mail you flyers for your work, local businesses, etc.

Event: Hope for Maryn 5K Run/ 1 Mile Walk

Date:
Saturday October 24, 2009

Location: Celebration Pointe Reception Center - located in the Business Depot - Ogden, UT.

Time: Registration starts at 8:00 am; Race starts at 9:00 am

Registration: Same day - sign up before the race at Celebration Pointe Reception Center

Cost: $20.00 (includes shirt for 1st 75 people)
$50.00 family pass (2 adults, up to 5 children under the age of 15. Includes 2 shirts)
Strollers/Wagons free (please for the safety of all participants no bikes or dogs)
Montetary contributions will also be accepted

Other Details:

The 5K route can walked or ran. There will also be a 1 mile route for walking.

We will time the run but since it is a charitable event we will not use a professional timing service. To make sure that you get an accurate time, we suggest you bring your own stopwatch.

There will be a raffle for prizes at the end of the race

Prizes will be given to the first runner, walker, and stroller/wagon at the finish

One last thing... we are also looking for sponsors for prizes, food, and $ for the T-shirts. If you know of any local businesses, your own business, or have a little bit of $ to help out we would REALLY appreciate it! All sponsors will have their names printed on the back of the T-shirts.


About Maryn:

On June 17, 2009 Maryn was diagnosed with Diffuse Pontine Glioma, an aggressive form of brain cancer. She was given 9-12 months to live. We are raising money to help with some treatments that could extend her lifespan. One of which is treatment at the Burzinski Clinic in Texas. People who have been treated there live 4-5 times longer. The cost is $100,000. We are also working with the Maryn's Hope Foundation that is helping to work towards a cure. More information can be found at https://marynshopefoundation.org/

After reading Maryn's story on my cousin's blog I really felt like I needed to do something. I couldn't get her out of my mind. The day she was diagnosed was my birthday. Maybe that is why I feel some connection. All I know is that we need to have hope, pray for a miracle, and give this little girl the best life she can have for the rest of her time here.

Please view these two videos created by Alexa Nofsinger. Alexa's mom, Erica Shields has created the Maryn's Hope foundation. Erica also organized a benefit 5K in Littleton, CO. It was a huge success. The video below showcases the run. Thank you Alexa and Erica for all your help!

1 comment:

  1. Libby you are AWESOME! Thank you so much for posting this on your blog! I really appreciate your willingness to help! See you on the 24th!

    ReplyDelete