August 24, 2009

*hOmE*

So ... Colby is home :) and... I'm loving ever single second of it! We've been busy busy and going going since he got here but I couldn't complain even if I tried. He got here late on Thursday and we grabbed a bite to eat and spent the rest of the night laughing and catching up. We woke up early on Friday and surprised his parents before the reunion. We wanted to wait but Colb was too excited. They were so happy to see him and they were equally as excited to have him here. We headed to Huntsville to wish Grandpa Carter a Happy Birthday and then to the reunion. Colb's grandpa is a crack up, he's hilarious .. definitely Brock's dad.
The reunion was so much fun. It was so awesome to meet so many new people and to be able to put a face with a name. Holly's family is incredible ... I'm so glad I got to be apart of such a fun weekend and I honestly can't wait to be able to do all of it next year. Everyone was really excited to see my ring, to hear how Colby proposed, and to hear the wedding plans (which are still few and far between but we'll get there)
My best friend Kendra got married on Saturday in Logan and it was amazing. Colby and I BARELY (understatement) made it to the ceremony. We were SOOO late. In fact .. They waited until we got there. The temple worker told Ken they were waiting on one more person and she said she knew it was me so they waited. From now on I'm going to try and be early for whatever I can... I never want to be in the position again. Old habits die hard but I'm up for the challenge.

We headed to Belmont for a little family get away on Sunday. I've never been there so I didn't know what to expect but it was fun. We went with a good family friend of the Carters and we shared a lot of good laughs. I'm excited to go back there and maybe stay for a night or two next time. We made it home for Sunday dinner with my family. Mom is crazy busy all week long so she doesn't cook much but she ALWAYS cooks on Sundays .. it's my favorite so I try not to miss it. She's been in Cali a lot the last few weeks so Logan and I have been starving. I should probably just learn how to cook huh ... Eh someday.

I keep thinking Colby is only here for the weekend and he'll be heading back to Spokane any day now but I'm so glad he doesn't have to. This summer was super long and totally worth the wait but I'd rather not do it again. :)


My new favorite picture .. Isn't he cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment