February 19, 2014

2014 - I'm trying to embrace you.

Do you want to know why I hate when the year comes to an end?
  Because it forces me to reflect on the things I didn't accomplish that I swore I was going to.
Want to know why I hate the new year?
  Because I set new goals that I'm pretty sure I'll do for a month and then stop.

New leaf.
 Becoming a mother has given me a lot of reasons to not do things. I'm a busy girl ya know! I had myself all but convinced that I didn't have time for myself anymore and that was okay, we had made the choice to have a child and now nothing was about me. That mindset worked for about 6 months and then I could see myself going into a deep depression.
 I try my best every single day to be the best Mom that I know how, sometimes when I hit the pillow at night I'm disappointed with my efforts and other times I keep Colby up telling him all about the day and what Finn and I were up to and how good I feel about it all.
 I try and have the house clean and laundry always done - i know i know unless everyone is naked it's never 'done' but I'm trying! I also put in a good effort to put dinner on the table every night (pfft). These few tasks make me feel so good but can bring me down so fast. It's more than little hard to try and be the best wife, Mom, cook, housekeeper, and worker bee that you know how!
 I've come to the conclusion though, that I'm not just a Mom and a wife. I'm a girl that needs time to herself, time to reflect and time to focus on me.
Here is where I turn over that new leaf.
  I force myself every day (except sunday) to put in 15 minutes of exercise. I know it's not a lot but it gets me going. On top of that 15, I go for a run twice a week.
Occasionally I'm up at 10:30 PM painting my nails and putting in me time, I usually regret the lack of sleep in the morning but I wake up with pretty nails which never hurts.
I go to work 4 times a week and somehow my job makes me feel accomplished. I am lucky to have a job where I feel needed and appreciated, and to be able to love what I do.
 I get myself ready every day, this used to seem so silly but now that I can see what it does for my confidence, I don't hesitate.
 Because I've started to see results with my 15 minute of exercise, I've started eating better. Before getting pregnant I was lucky to eat whatever I wanted and stay thin, that quickly changed. I've stopped drinking soda - for the 47th time this year! and I've cut down my sugar a ton, this is the hardest one for me because I get free candy at work and well, I love me some sugar.  I'm not kidding when I say this one is being done just ONE DAY AT A TIME.
In 2014 I'm taking just a little bit more time to focus on me because my family deserves a happy girl to call their Wife and Mom.


1 comment:

  1. Yeah I'm trying to work on this too. It's harder then you realize to take time for yourself. I had someone ask me what my hobbies were the other day and I could not think of any... I take care of my family, my house, my job, my calling where is there any extra time? Glad you're figuring it out because this girl isn't so well. Your family is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete