August 07, 2013

Blessing(s) Day!

I will never forget the joy I felt when my sister announced that she was pregnant, due just a few weeks after us. Not only because they had been trying longer than us but I also knew we would be able to celebrate a lot of things together.
Celebration uno numero: 
Blessing Day
We chose to do it on Saturday July 27th in my Mom's backyard. 
We had a great turn out and the weather couldn't have been more perfect.
I'm positive the rain held out until we had it all cleaned up.
Colby gave Finn an amazing blessing and Jon followed, doing the same for Maggie. 

I searched high and low for a dress outfit for the babe and after 15 stores, I finally gave in and went to the quilted bear. 
I didn't leave disappointed. 
I love everything about the suspenders and bow tie and Finn rocked his white attire. 
Maggie wore the same dress that Abby was blessed in and she looked adorable.

It was an amazing day and we are so glad that our family was there to support us.
I look forward to many birthday parties and a baptism day in 8 years. 



I was so nervous about getting the outfit dirty that I didn't let Finn wear it very long. 
Enjoy the post-blessing out fit. 

 We also managed to have our whole family in town for the big day and had family pictures taken! 



I'm grateful for a husband who is worthy to hold the priesthood and is always willing to help and serve others with it. Colby is such an incredible husband and father. I couldn't ask for or imagine anyone more perfect for me and Finn. 


No comments:

Post a Comment