May 22, 2013

+1- Part 2

As soon as Finn was born I felt like I had lost 100 pounds. Obviously I hadn't but I remember being anxious to tie my shoes and paint my toes but those quick thoughts were gone as soon as Colby and I made eye contact again. The tears flowed for both of us, immediately we both felt the special love and bond with our little guy that we had only heard about.
 They took Finn off to the nursery for a bath and I was left to recover. I was given morphine through the iv and immediately started to itch. Turns out I'm allergic but the nurses couldn't give me anything else for the pain because we couldn't prove that it wasn't working. It was a long 18 hours after the epidural wore off. I was relieved when someone finally gave me a percocet.
 Just as we were getting ready to head home, they discovered Finn had a small case of jaundice. We were asked to stay until he was 48 hours old and were sent home with a bili bed. He was under the lights for 1 night and then we were able to snuggle him. Finally.
  We've been home for almost 3 weeks and things are going great. He still barely cries - unless he's getting his diaper changed. He's sleeping really good at night and we are finally getting the hang of things. I can't believe how quickly life and everything about it changes when you have a babe of your own.
 I've lost almost all my water weight - back to my pre-pregnancy ankles- but I still don't have any feeling in the fingers on my right hand and the tips of the fingers on my left hand. I have a feeling this is  permanent but it could always be worse. We're just glad that he is finally here and we can love him to pieces.

A good stretch. Finally. 

 He definitely got his Dad's toes. 

 This picture makes my heart melt. Colby is one proud Dad. 
(He has velcro on his temples for his jaundice glasses) 



4 comments:

  1. Isn't it the most perfect feeling ever!?! Congrats! Welcome to motherhood. Baby Finn is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that your cute little family is doing great! The love for your little one will just keep growing too! The first picture is so cute! Doesn't it just make you fall even more in love with your husband to see him with your child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Libby, what a cute little boy! I was just reading this and wanted to let you know I had some funny nerve things after Tommy. The tips of my toes itched and my arm felt prickly it drove me crazy but only lasted about 1 1/2 months if I remember right. Hopefully yours will go away too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man he is even more adorable then the pictures! I'm so glad I got to see him! Congrats again to both of you! He is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete